Tour de Fat is a Bicycle Party with beer. It starts with a costumed bike parade at City Park looping Mountain Ave, then heads to New Belgium Brewing for music, entertainment, contests, games, and of course beer. Local non-profit organizations benefit financially with a portion of all the beer sales. This year proceeds from beer sales go to Bike Fort Collins, Overland Mountain Bike Association, the Fort Collins Bike CO-OP and Send Town Bike Club. You can also support the non-profits by purchasing TdF merch!
Note the NEW date and starting point for the parade! The zaniness takes place on August 26th this year with parade queue at City Park!
If you want to participate in this iconic FoCo Summer event we have lots of opportunities to volunteer! You can work the parade, the party, pour beer, sell merch, and more! We even have some merch sorting shifts if you’d like to participate before the TdF.
Unsure of what exactly this Tour de Fat event may be? Here are a couple of first-timer tips!
1. Grab your bike, get your friends, put on a costume and ride in the bike parade.
2. Enjoy a beer while watching the clowns, carnies, comedians and music on the main stage.
3. Test your skills in the “Slow Ride” Contest.
4. Ride an Art Bike in the Bike Pit.
5. Dance, Dance, Dance. Your moves could be good enough to win a bike.
The event is family-friendly with lots of NA beverage options and a kids zone. Be sure to leave the pets home though, it’s too hot for them!