Please join us for the 2016 Season Kickoff at The Rio Agave Room (143 West Mountain Ave, above the Rio) on Thursday, March 10th, 6:30-9:00pm. Appetizers / snacks and soft drinks will be provided, and a cash bar will serve your favorite beverage. Come hear about the club’s goals and plans for the upcoming season!
The Board of Directors and Club Administrator have been working hard this winter. You’ll here about how we’re:
- Working to improve access to trails though relationship building with local and state agencies.
- Developing our partnership with IMBA to become a chapter, thereby tapping into their expertise on advocacy.
- Bringing more fun to the club through more riding, Trail Talks, and the Tooth or Consequences Mountain Bike Festival this summer.
- Contributing to our community through Trail Days, Trips for Kids, helping to build skills parks, and encouraging connector trail systems in our area.
- Communicating more effectively with members through our new website.
We have a special fundraising opportunity at the Kickoff this year. Last year Ms. Linda Farley donated a 2009 IBIS mountain bike, size medium, to the club. It belonged to her friend who was tragically killed in a bicycle accident on North Lemay Avenue. The bike is valued at $1800. If you want this bike for your very own, you’ll have the opportunity to offer a silent bid at the kickoff. Proceeds from the auction will go towards Diamond Peaks Mountain Bike Patrol to support their training and patrol needs.
See you March 10th at the Agave Room!
Other Upcoming Events:
Trail Talk: The next trail talk will take place in late March and will feature a talk by local Olympian Georgia Gould. Check our website or future newsletters for more details.
Social Rides start Wednesday, March 16th, at Spring Canyon Park. Check our website calendar for start times and ride details.
Trail Crew Leader Training: Thursday April 7th. Mark your calendars to learn crew leader skills!
Trail Day: Saturday, April 9th, the new Hidden Valley Trail at Devil’s Backbone. Practice your new crew leader skills on our first trail day of the season! More information on both the training and trail day will be coming your way.